The Centre for Solar
Energy aims to facilitate integrated development of the solar energy sector in
India by offering end-to-end solutions and other comprehensive services for
holistic development of the solar sector. The Centre's multifarious activities,
including research, consultancy, training and capacity building, aim to
strengthen as well as facilitate development of solar energy in the country.
Through its focused vision and skilled expertise, the Centre for Solar Energy is
fast emerging as the trusted authority in this field.
document global best practices in solar energy policy
and technology deployment, assess their suitability
to the Indian environment, and advocate their implementation
in the country.
- To develop a long-term Solar Energy Policy Roadmap for
the country and follow up its implementation.
- To develop state-wise profiles for rapid deployment
of solar energy wherever possible.
- To facilitate human resource development in the solar
energy sector through curriculum development and training.
- To carry out research, surveys and analytical studies
for the solar energy sector.
- To offer consultancy services to entrepreneurs, developers,
industries, institutions, government agencies, regulatory
commissions, etc., for the growth of the solar energy
- Supporting power utilities in
implementing their solar power projects development
- Offering consultancy support to state
nodal agencies in diverse areas like resource
assessment, solar roadmaps, policy formulation etc. for
accelerated development of solar energy in the country.
- Preparing solar investment strategies
for major investors and manufacturers.
- Widen the knowledge on solar thermal
power generation to assist all-round development of this
vital power source.