The Centre for Wind Power is the
only holistic Centre in India having all-round expertise
in wind power development. In order to cater to the
demands of this fast growing sector, the Centre aims
to develop skilled manpower and a knowledge-based
environment in power generation from wind.
- Conduct short-term and long-term comprehensive
training programmes in wind power management for wind industry
professionals, academicians, students, and policy makers.
- Carry out research studies, surveys, and
analytical projects for the wind power sector.
- Offer exclusive consultancy services to
project developers, industries, research institutes, investors,
state nodal agencies, power utilities, etc., on technical,
financial, administrative, and management issues of wind
- Provide consultancy support to electricity
regulatory commissions for promotion of wind power.
- To be recognised as the 'Knowledge Management'
hub and think-tank for the Indian wind power sector.
- To act as a nodal centre for developing
industry-institution linkages and developing a network for
disseminating information and other knowledge-based resources
to the wind power sector.
- Promoting capacity building to undertake
consultancy assignments to support the stakeholders’
activities related to sustainable development through wind
- Strive towards efficiency improvement
in wind power generation.