Centre for Wind Power (CWP)
The Centre for Wind Power (CWP) is today recognized as the ‘Knowledge Management and Consultancy Hub’ for the wind industry in India. It functions as the nodal centre for developing industry-institution tie-ups, disseminating information to the wind power sector, and establishing collaborative partnerships with global leaders for project development, JV identification, human resources development, and policy research. The Centre also possesses expertise in wind resource analysis and management, and wind farm design, and is equipped with state-of-the-art software to carry out these functions.
- Conduct short-term and long-term training programmes in wind resource analysis, wind power management, etc., for policy makers, wind industry professionals, academicians, and students.
- Consultancy services to project developers, industries, research institutes, investors, state nodal agencies, power utilities, regulatory commissions, etc., for:
- Due diligence for wind resource, project financing, technical and policy issues.
- Evaluation of techno-economic offers for investors.
- Preparation of pre-feasibility/feasibility reports, and detailed project reports.
- Wind resource assessment, micrositing, and wind farm design, using state-of-the-art software.
- Performance analysis of wind turbines and wind farms.
- Policy support and financial advisory for setting up projects.
- Research and development studies, surveys, as well as analytical inputs for wind power development.
- Knowledge exchange with the academia and industry.