- To be a premier outreach centre for communications,
information and knowledge transfer in the fields of sustainable
energy, energy conservation, and sustainable development.
- To function as an apex policy think tank, policy
advocacy centre and consultancy provider in the field of sustainable
development, especially in relation to sustainable energy and
- To conduct short-term and long-term academic
and other training programmes in furtherance of the futuristic
human resource needs of the emerging sustainable energy, energy
conservation, and sustainable development sectors.
- To take up technical and other research in selected
and specialised areas of vital importance for augmenting and accelerating
sustainable development in a holistic manner, for a transition
to a cleaner and greener world.
- To establish, maintain, and operate pilot projects,
libraries, laboratories and prototype training centres, and hold
seminars and training programmes in concordance and furtherance
to these objectives.