WISE was approached by the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) based in Qatar to study and analyse the possibility of substituting C1 gas in a 200 MW grid-connected power plant with solar PV. WISE undertook detailed study on consumption of C1 gas for power generation and carried out a techno commercial feasibility study on substituting the gas with solar PV power and provided specific recommendations on feasibility in a detailed technical report.
- IISc study finds traditional dwellings are better for changing climate
- Government contemplates major renewable energy push
- Climate Change will decimate India’s GDP by 2050
- Climate change to worsen Indian monsoon, global warming sets stage for dangerous rains: Study
- India to revamp renewable energy certificate mechanism to boost green economy