WISE, in association with APECS Consultancy, Bhutan, and financial support from the Austrian Development Agency, extended technical and training support to the Department of Renewable Energy (DRE), Government of Bhutan, for promoting the use of solar water heating systems in the country’s building sector. The three-day training programme (June 2018) was organised at the DRE in Thimphu, for capacity building of its technical staff and industry stakeholders. The first two days of the training focused on technical issues of solar water heating systems targeting technical staff and industry stakeholders, while the third day focused on policy, regulatory and financial aspects of SWHs for government stakeholders.
- IISc study finds traditional dwellings are better for changing climate
- Government contemplates major renewable energy push
- Climate Change will decimate India’s GDP by 2050
- Climate change to worsen Indian monsoon, global warming sets stage for dangerous rains: Study
- India to revamp renewable energy certificate mechanism to boost green economy