The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) supported WISE to execute a two-year project titled ‘Developing Performance Evaluation and O&M Strategy for the Indian Solar Sector’. As the part of this project, WISE organised a one-day seminar in January, 2017 in Pune. The event brought together some 80 delegates from the Indian solar sector and key officials from autonomous government agencies and research institutes like the National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE) and the National Centre for Photovoltaic Research and Education (NCPRE, IIT Bombay), who provided their critical views on the subject, and on expanding capacity to address current and future developmental challenges, placing national strategies in a global context and positioning institutions for high performance of solar plants. Besides imparting information and knowledge, the seminar provided a valuable networking opportunity and set the stage for further cooperation among government and research institutions for O&M of solar plants in India. Mr. S K Singh, Director General, National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE), New Delhi, inaugurated the seminar. Other dignitaries present at the inaugural session were senior officials from WISE, NCPRE-IIT B, and the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), US.
- Inter-ministerial consultations underway for Indias Hydrogen Policy Rajnath Ram energy advisor NITI Aayog
- IndusInd Bank launches Green Fixed Deposits
- Delhi Increases Additional Surcharge for Open Access Power Consumers
- Alcoa signs renewable energy deals for Spanish plant
- Making solar cells efficient cheaper recyclable IIT-Guwahati finds a way