The Government of Bhutan’s Ministry of Economic Affairs, through the Department of Renewable Energy, awarded the assignment to draft Energy Efficiency Codes of Practice for Industries to the World Institute of Sustainable Energy and its associated partner, APECS Consultancy Thimphu, Bhutan. The team developed Energy Efficiency Codes of Practice documents for the following industrial activities and processes in Bhutan.
- Management of Industries
- Industrial Lighting
- Industrial Equipment – Motors
- Industrial Equipment – Cooling Tower
- Industrial Equipment – Boilers
- Industrial Equipment – Pumps
- Industrial Equipment – Fans and Blowers
- Industrial Equipment – Air Compressor
- Industrial Equipment – Furnace
On drafting the Energy Efficiency Codes of Practice documents, WISE conducted the first stakeholders’ workshop on 16 and 17 September 2020. Final Codes of Practice documents were presented in two different stakeholders’ online workshops conducted on 16-17 February 2021 and 18-19 February 2021. Along with the codes of practice documents, a compliance framework with an implementation plan and budget for ten years was also prepared for the Department of Renewable Energy, Government of Bhutan.