WISE helped prepare Odisha’s maiden RE tariff determination framework for the Odisha Electricity Regulatory Commission (OERC). The tariff framework was prepared after considering detailed resource availability in the state, available technologies, capital cost and performance parameters for each resource. A ready-to-use tariff model framework tool was also created and submitted to the Commission for facilitating in-depth analysis and forecasting. The draft paper published for public comments also included the renewable purchase standard (RPS) framework for Odisha. After incorporating the comments, the final tariff order was presented before OERC and was subsequently adopted by the state regulatory commission.
- IISc study finds traditional dwellings are better for changing climate
- Government contemplates major renewable energy push
- Climate Change will decimate India’s GDP by 2050
- Climate change to worsen Indian monsoon, global warming sets stage for dangerous rains: Study
- India to revamp renewable energy certificate mechanism to boost green economy